Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 in three minutes

I've had this post planned for awhile. Thankfully, the army isn't going to screw my plans over this time, and I can go through it like I planned to.

I wanted to bring everyone up to speed on the current stats of my blog. Over the past year, I've posted:

76 Videos

153 Pictures

51 Lists

366 Times (367 once this is published)

I think that over the last 12 months, my blogging ability has greatly improved. Here's a sample from each month, showing just how much of a difference a year has made.

January: from "Oh, Mr. Todd!"

I'm so happy, I could, eat you up I really could...

I finally found the video for By The Sea, one of the main reasons I want to see Sweeney Todd. It's low-quality, but hilarious! Toby building a sandcastle...classic!

February: from "Triple Crown"

The actual killing parts weren't too awful. To be truthful, the most intense part of Judge Turpin's death was the reprise of "Pretty Women" before hand and the whole "BENJAMIN BARKER!!!" thing. Still not a good choice for young audiences, but as an avid Sweeney Todd fan, I survived it. As for Mrs. Lovett's death...*Shudder* don't even get me started. SCARY.

March: from "I Vanna Be A Show Stopper!"

Ever since I saw Cabaret, I've been a Liza Minnelli fan. Ever since I created a role play character who looks/sounds just like Mikhail Baryshnikov did in his early 20's (The character's name, coincidentally, is Mischa. His real name is Mikhail, but don't call him that.), I became a Baryshnikov fan. What would be better than Liza Minnelli teaming up with "Misha" in two shows: Showstoppers, and Baryshnikov on Broadway.

April: from "Happy National Orlando Bloom Day!"

Ally has decided that we are in need of yet ANOTHER holiday this month, so she and her cousin came up with National Orlando Bloom Day. I suppose it's celebrated about the same way National Johnny Depp Day is: watching Orlando Bloom movies. I've been itching to watch the third Lord of the Rings for some time now, so I'm probably going to be doing that tonight.

May: from "A New Type of Procrastination"

Ever since January, I've been stalling on making an animation for a certain song.I have the storyboard for it laid out and everything, I've just never convinced myself to make the actual video. However, today I decided to get started, and wound up getting a good 15 slides of animation done!

June: from "At Last!"

Maya and I are finally skittling again. It's been forever since we've done so, and currently we're writing about the Phantom Crew having a PJ party at Phantom's. Raoul ate the key in his Key Lime Pie, so everyone is stuck with just their pajamas. Let's see how that goes.

July: from "Y-M-C-A!"

Item #3: We're currently having a Sweeney Todd marathon---we're watching the Angela Lansbury stage production right now and might watch the Johnny Depp movie. However, Johnny Depp/Helena Bonham Carter remains my least favorite pairing our of four. (Scratch that---they are fourth out of five. Patti LuPone and Michael Cerveris are my least favorite. You're great, Cerveris, but having LuPone as Mrs. Lovett ruins it)

August: from "Week Two Begins"

At least I haven't had a lot of homework recently. I mean, I have to study German every night, but my book is really small, and it doesn't take long to just review my vocabulary words. We've started having quizzes and tests already, though---I actually need to look over my science vocabulary words for the quiz tomorrow.

September: from "Playing the piano"

Apparently, when I'm sick, I'm more creative. I created The Website's current layout when I was sick about a month ago, and today I was absent again. Therefore, I used AccessColor to make sure there was difference enough between my colors and stylesheet, then validated the code for EACH PAGE. Maybe that's just busywork, but hey---I learned the DOCTYPE was important. (I also figured out a better navigational system).

October: from "Excepting foolish fun"

My friend JoAnna (From Beauty and the Beast) is spending the night tonight! Sure, we're probably not gonna stay up all night...but there might be random outbursts of stupid laughter from time to time. (JoAnna says, "Actually, we promise it.")

November: from "Wacky Wednesday"

The strangest thing happened this evening. After the pool, my PJ pants (which I wore over my suit), were soaking, and I didn't want to sleep in watery pants. I took them into the bathroom, grabbed the hairdryer we were provided with, and about 10 minutes later, came out with mostly-dry pants. I am wearing them now, and they feel fine.

December: from "What a pain in the mouth today was!"

Today was Dentist Day. It didn't exactly start out well, with my iPod dying right before I went in. Thankfully, Mom let be borrow hers, so that turned out well. After a bit of initial clean-over, they strapped me down, leaned me way over, and turned on the Happy Gas. The numbing process went rather well, especially thanks to the gas. I felt like I was in a scene of "Bohemian Rhapsody".

However, there's a section of one post that's actually from January that I really like. Let me give you an except from "End of the End (D)":

I'm really looking forward to April. Not that thing is happening (as far as I know), but then my Good Charlotte calendar has a big picture of Billy on it. Then again, so does May, June, and November. We all have our things to look forward to.

That's right. We do all have our things to look forward to, and I've accomplished mine. I don't know what I'm totally looking forward to in 2009, but I'll find out soon enough. I suppose that so far, Perdita and the YTHC Pizza Party are the two things in the near future I'm looking forward to. Most of all, I'm looking forward to another round of Blog365.

See you all next year for another 12 months of my interesting life!

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Yay, Annabelle, we did it! It really is just a lap around the sun, isn't it?

Uta said...

Happy 2009, Alicebelle! :3

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed following your blog this past year and am glad to see that you plan on doing it again. Happy New Year! Love, Ninny

Anonymous said...

That's an interesting way to wrap up the year, AB. Nice work!
Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! Congratulations on completing Blog365. I am looking forward to your 2009 blog.

Anonymous said...

HAAAAAPPY NEW YEAR, PERDITA! ^_^