Saturday, July 26, 2008

Y-M-C-A!

Well, there's several items to blog.

Item #1: Maya and I saw Sweeney Todd last night. It was AMAZING---personally, I think their Sweeney-Lovett beat out Judy Kaye and David Hess. They officially rank as my 2nd favorite pair, coming very close to beating out Angela Lansbury and George Hearn. Maya knew the person playing Anthony, along with two people in the chorus. It was great finding out who the heck her Gifford people were, and they were incredible! (She told me to add the she hugged Anthony, who she knew.)

They were selling Mrs. Lovett's meat pies, and although we didn't buy any, we found a laugh in the sign that said they sold "Vegetarian pies---made of REAL vegetarians".

Item #2: We went to the YMCA to go swimming today. I was able to show off my backstroke in the lap lane, mess around in the kiddie pool (It was actually really fun), and test just HOW many pool noodles one can sit on without flipping. Apparently, five is the number.

Item #3: We're currently having a Sweeney Todd marathon---we're watching the Angela Lansbury stage production right now and might watch the Johnny Depp movie. However, Johnny Depp/Helena Bonham Carter remains my least favorite pairing our of four. (Scratch that---they are fourth out of five. Patti LuPone and Michael Cerveris are my least favorite. You're great, Cerveris, but having LuPone as Mrs. Lovett ruins it)

2 comments:

♥(♪aUbReY♪)♥ said...

i DID add you to my blog roll before you even asked you just need to look harder

Alicebelle said...

Ah. I'll take another look. :D