Sunday, July 20, 2008

Strike Out!

Tonight was the Strike Party, and it was so much fun. A little depressing at the end, though...

It mainly consisted or wild chatter and eating, but considering that what teenagers do best, that was good enough. We had fried chicken, salad, chips, ice cream, and cake---it was really good!

The awards (Nerds and Rubber Chicken) were hilarious. They were "hosted" by the seniors, and they each had a Nerd category. Some of the entries were pretty basic---newbies trying to hit the high note, missing a prop, etc. However, the winners were outrageous---I believe Gaston and Beast singing "Gaston and the Beast" rather than "Beauty and the Beast" at all the Meet-n-Greet's won for Backstage Romance!

The rubber chicken went to our Monsieur Darque, and Andrew's (Lumiere) explanation for it was hilariously funny. I don't remember all of it, but I remember the main thing was that someone in the guy's dressing room was always shouting, "Richard, it's your fault!"

The last hugging circle was somewhat of a mess. It took forever, both because we added the crew to the circle and because it was the last goodbye. Some of my friends completely broke down, and I was close to crying myself. (I got emails from all of my closest friends, though, so I'll be keeping in touch)

All in all, it was an amazing experience. To think that when I got the casting list, I was close to dropping out because I didn't think I would want to spend my entire summer dressed as a Rug. Not only did I love being dressed as a rug---I met chairs, menus, candlesticks, tea cups, beer steins, bassooning inventors, cakes, etc, etc, etc.

As I said to Lumiere at the end of the hugging circle, though, "The show always ends like this." In other words: incredibly and fabulously amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sure wish I could have seen that play. It was quite an experience for you, and I'm glad you had such a great time!
Congratulations!