Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Mall of Shopping

Maya, Quinn, and I bombarded the Carousel Mall today. We went seperately from Maya's mom and her sister, Lydia, and wound up having a lot of fun! Maya didn't buy much, but we all tried on stuff, ate way too much junk food, and actually started jazz squaring in the middle of the walkway.

Quinn dragged us into Aeropostale and American Eagle (And almost added Hollister and Abercrombie to the list), which was rather interesting. Really---me, dressed in black, did NOT look like the average AE customer. Quinn, however, insisted I looked fine---I still had to point out that I wasn't wearing a jean mini skirt nor a pink frilly camisole. I STILL think we were ripped off when Quinn paid $5.23 for a shirt that was marked 70% off from $12, but oh well.

My stores of choice were PayLess Shoes and f.y.e. I didn't find what I was looking for at f.y.e (Some Nightwish CD---only thing I found was a Stevie Nicks soundtrack with "Edge of Seventeen" on it), nor exactly did I at PayLess. Actually, I did find a pair of ballet slippers that fit pretty well---it's just that I figured I didn't really need any more dance shoes right then. However, I found a pair of ballet FLATS that are totally awesome...even if Maya claims they'll give me some knee or ankle failure.

I must admit, I actually shopped at Claire's. I usually don't---I think it appears like a Purple Bomb exploded. However, I found out recently that I can do MORE with my hair then put it in two ponytails or in barettes: headbands actually work. I scored a pack of three, a pair of blue dangle earrings, and a totally awesome hat. Here's a picture of me "modeling" the earrings and (Squee!) hat:



At the end of the day, I finally scored a bag that I liked. I'm pretty sure I can take it to school, as it's not too freakishly big. Still, I totally love it. It pretty much racked up the last of my money, though. Still---I was able to get a Vanilla soft serve to mark the end of a great day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture! When will you be home from your trip Have fun! Love, Ninny

Anonymous said...

i agree! we WERE ripped off! *mutters* america and polos, these days...