Sunday, February 24, 2008

Triple Crown

Triple news, one of which is, well, tripled!

Item the First- I'm blogging this as the Oscars are going on. Go Jon Stewart! Hoping Sweeney Todd will win something...

Item the Second- Speaking of Sweeney Todd, I finally saw the movie today. IT WAS INCREDIBLE. Jamie Campbell Bower and Ed Saunders are incredible actors/singers, and they pulled of Anthony and Toby better than almost anybody else I've seen.

The actual killing parts weren't too awful. To be truthful, the most intense part of Judge Turpin's death was the reprise of "Pretty Women" before hand and the whole "BENJAMIN BARKER!!!" thing. Still not a good choice for young audiences, but as an avid Sweeney Todd fan, I survived it. As for Mrs. Lovett's death...*Shudder* don't even get me started. SCARY.

It was incredible, though. I can't wait until it comes out---April 1! The orchestra was incredible and full, Johnny Depp proved himself to be somewhat of a singer, and much more. I can't say more good things about it.

Item the Third- This is my 100th post! I'm now entering the wonderful world of Triple Digits...(I'll never catch up with my mom, though; she has over 300 posts)

I'm going back to watch the Oscars and root on Sweeney. Toodeloo 'till tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spoiler alert, fer cryin out loud!

Anonymous said...

I saw only one movie that had an Oscar nomination, and it took the Best Actress award (Marion Cotillard). You gotta see La Vie en Rose. What an amazing acting job.

Anonymous said...

I second Mimmie's recommendation for La Vie En Rose. You will LOVE it! And it’s already out on DVD. That death scene in ST was a real shocker!