Thursday, February 21, 2008

Burning Ring of Fire

For the past few weeks, I've been reading Firestarter by Stephen King. I was mildly disappointed that it was mainly a weird, freaky sob-story instead of the sleep-with-the-covers-up-to-your-chin thriller my mom says is in Carrie and Salem's Lot. However, it was a nice introduction into Stephen King.

However, I'm sort of burnt out on difficult reading, so I'm planning on reading something a bit "fluffier", like Meg Cabot or Chris Crutcher. "Fluffy" meaning semi-easy to understand, not entirely depressing, and text that is a little bigger.

I can't wait to read Night Shift when I get back into Stephen King. I need some quicker-paced stories to deal with my unpatient-ness. Hmm...anyone have any other reading suggestions?

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

I would hardly call Crutcher "fluffy," but I think you would really enjoy his books. And Meg Cabot is great too! As is Lois Duncan.

And of course you know what I'm going to recommend, don't you? Go ahead . . . guess!

Anonymous said...

I finally told your mom she can read The Exorcist. I bet you'd like it, too.

Alicebelle said...

I know, but it sounds a bit easier than Firestarter. Characters with names I can remember instead of "Cap", "Rainbird", and so on.

Anonymous said...

A book I enjoyed recently is "All Are Welcome Here" by Elizabeth Berg. It is light reading and the main character is a 13-year-old girl in the early 60s in Tupelo, Mississippi. It touches on social issues of the time. I thought of you when I listened to the audio book, as she and her friend write and produce plays.

Bonnie said...

You still haven't guessed what book I would suggest!

Alicebelle said...

"Wonderful World of Henry Orient", or something like that?

Bonnie said...

Bingo! The World of Henry Orient! Oh, please read it--please, please, please!!!