Saturday, February 16, 2008

We're seeing Sweeney on Sunday...

Ever since August, I've been an avid Sweeney Todd fan. I was Mrs. Lovett for Halloween, convinced Matthew to go as Sweeney, read the movie book well over a dozen times, and have watched as many movies clips as possible on YouTube. However, I haven't had a chance to really see it yet. I've seen the DVD recording with George Hearn and Angela Lansbury, but it isn't the same. Close, but not the same.

However, for Christmas, as a family gift, my mom bought 4 tickets to go see the demon barber himself on stage. I've been waiting for this for a few months, and I can't believe it's actually time.

One of the Broadway Bootcamp instructor's friend is actually playing Anthony. We got directions to the stage door, so we're probably going to haunt around there after the show to try and score autographs. Maya got pictures and autographs with some of the Phantom cast members, so I'm hoping to be able to get some Sweeney memorobilia.

However, autographs or not, I'm ready to really Attend the Tale!

No comments: