Friday, February 1, 2008

Blog365: Day 32

Today was Regionals.

I've been freaking out about them for awhile, and was exeptionally nervous today. Mike said it was basically just a huge swim meet with a fancy name, and considering I've been in zillions of swim meets, I calmed down a bit. However, waiting for my event (19---at pretty much the VERY END!) was rather agnonizing.

My heat was right after my friend Taylor's, so we walked down to the pool together. We were both in 100 backstroke, and I was both excited and nervous. Really nervous, actually.

I've been working on my backstroke start for the past week or so, and I think it's paid off. I got past the flags before taking my first stroke, and my bet that it would take me 6 strokes to get to the wall to flip turn was right. I didn't smash into a wall once.

The race itself, as Mike said, was actually really simple. Swimmers get in the water, place your feet, take your mark, BEEEEEEEP! Then in 90 seconds, it's all over.

Speaking of 90 seconds, I lowered my time by 10 seconds from 1:40 down to 1:30! Also, against 7 other backstroke people in my heat, I somehow got first. Overall, I was 43 out of 57, but who reads that stuff anyway?

Swim season is now officially over. I'm really looking forward to next year, and plan to make backstroke my staple stroke and work on breakstroke or butterfly.

Next Saturday: Drama Regionals! I'm sleeping over at my friend Katie's house, and she's also in drama. We're probably going to go over the script a few times, but we have to get up at 5 AM, at least, so we'll also probably try and get to bed semi-early.

Eagles on three: One, two, three, EAGLES!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea Eagles!! Congratulations on your first place in your heat. Great work improving your time. I am so proud of you for your determination and hard work.

Bonnie said...

Oh, Annabelle, I was SO PROUD of you yesterday! I'll blog about it and post your video tomorrow.

luv, mom