Sunday, February 17, 2008

Swing Your Razor Wide

Today was Sweeney, and it was totally AWESOME! The cast was superb, and their singing was incredible. "Ballad of Sweeney Todd" and "Pirelli's Miracle Elixir" were probably my two favorite parts. However, I liked it all. Johanna was incredible, and I never thought somebody would beat Jane Wisener. I also think that Judy Kaye and David Hess put up a good competition with Angela Lansbury and George Hearn. Both pairs were really different, but really good.

Probably the best part of the day was waiting at the stage door. The weather was really nice, so we weren't standing out in the rain or cold. Out of the 10 cast members, we only missed three: Mr. Fogg, Judge Turpin, and Beggar Woman.

I wore my Lovett Pies apron and brought my plastic cleaver from Halloween for autographs, and it's pretty much filled up. I got pictures with everyone who gave autographs, and it was amazing. Here are the pictures from the day:

Benjamin Eakeley (The Beadle)


David Hess (Sweeney Todd)


Edmund Bagnell (Toby---I was totally thrilled when taking this picture. Toby is probably my favorite character ever!!!)


Edwin Cahill (Anthony, I think)


Judy Kaye (Mrs. Lovett)


Judy signing my cleaver


Katrina Yaukey (Pirelli)


Lauren Molina (Johanna)


The finished product: a signed butchery tool!


Waiting in the lobby


At the end of Little Priest, I was pretty close to creating a Rocky Horror experience. I was just about to get up and begin belting, "We'll serve ANYONE, meaning ANYONE, and to ANYONE, AT AAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL!" when I realized I wasn't watching the performance DVD with Maya. I managed to constrain myself, but the urge was so huge!

I can hardly wait to see the movie when it comes out on DVD. Then my Sweeney Todd experience will be finished. However, I don't think anything will measure up to this.

And yes, today I gave a nod to Sweeney Todd. (THE DEMON BARBER OF FLEET STREET!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great review! Wish I could have been there! My theater background is pretty skimpy, though. The cleaver's name wouldn't happen to be Beaver, would it? :-p

Anonymous said...

WOW! What an awesome musical memory for you! Sounds like great fun!

gomomyourock said...

Sounds like an awesome time! I'm loving that you wore your apron too! What a great memory!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic time. Wish I could have been there,too. Guess I will have to wait for the DVD.

Uta said...

The thought of you with a knife that big scares me.

Alicebelle said...

Hey! It's plastic. Unlike my roleplay characters, Ally, I'm sane. Even if I am "mad as a hatter".