Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

So today was Valentine's Day.

Ever since 6th grade (When it wasn't required to bring a valentine for everybody in the class), I've pieced together what Valentine's Day is like in the "real world". As quoted from Mean Girls, "It was living proof that the more people who are afraid of you, the more flowers you get."

My day was actually rather nice. I got a "Rodents through the Ages" Shutterfly book from my parents, a little thing of Hershey's kisses from my friend Katie, and a few little critters the chrus was selling as Valentine's grams. Maya coordinated with my mom and got me a little pink monkey (His name is Alfred Jamie, after Jamie Campbell Bower), and a pink pig named Herbert from my friend (Not boyfriend!) Matthew.

I think I'm going to try and be more in-the-spirit next year. I know it sucks walking down the hall empty-handed while Miss Popularity trudges to her locker, overflowing with flowers, chocolates, cards, balloons, and teddy bears. Even though I was "spared" the embarassment this year, I know some of my other friends weren't. I just need to get over the stress it brings.

I wore my new broken-hearts shoes to school. I don't have a picture yet, but I'll post one later. I also wore all black, as a sort of joke. We're not allowed to wear pink or red at my school, so I decided to go a bit, ahem, contrasted.

Next year, I'm totally going to remember to spread the love (And chocolate). But this year...well, I survived. That ought to count for something.

No comments: