Monday, February 4, 2008

Sick

I was home sick today. My throat hurt like nobody's business, and I felt overall icky. However, I'm going back tomorrow, and will be taking 2 tests and going to drama. It's the last drama meeting until Regionals (Saturday), and I'm really excited. Katie and I have worked our piece to death, and we've really improved it. However, we need to find the author. If you know who wrote "a Banquuet of Friendship" starring Lola and Freida, please tell me!

I'm making this post short, as I have to do my homework. (A worksheet plus studying for those two tests.) I'm going to my brother's swimming practice in E'town tomorrow, so chances are, I'll get my homework done early and I'll be able to go to bed by 9. Hmm....that sounds nice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AB - I found a 2-character comedy called "A Banquet of Friendship" by Ken Bradbury (1994). But the characters seem to be Jean and Pat, not Freida and Lola. Bradbury has another one called "Air Freida" (1995), whose characters are Freida and Connie. Also from 1995, "Tub Talk," with Freida and her husband, Herb. Here's a URL for these and a few others:

http://www.creativeideas.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=2

Apparently Ken Bradbury wrote or writes a series of articles for the Hillsboro, IL, Journal-News under the pseudonym Freida Marie Crump. He also has a book called "Around the World With Freida Marie Crump." His website is:

http://www.bradburywainwright.com/index_Page426.htm

Does this help at all?

By the way, my little grand-dolphin, you did a great job at regionals!

Alicebelle said...

I think he might be the one...one of the lines is, "Frieda Marie, are you going to hit me with that pie?!?!"

Anonymous said...

So there are more characters in it that just Jean and Pat? I only saw a snippet of it.

Anyway, I guess you know the author's name now.

Do you feel better today? I'm sorry you were sick.