Monday, February 11, 2008

Burnt Out

I am totally tired.

I didn't get to bed until 11 last night, to waking up at 6 to my alarm clock blasting wasn't what you would call ideal. My room is a complete mess, and my homework isn't done.

I just spent about an hour outside with Katie. It was really fun, but cold and tiring. We walked all over creation to find a decent sledding hill, and I came home about 15 minutes ago. Still: homework not done, room not clean.

I have to re-write my entire Personal Narrative for English, as well as doing this surfboard thing. I have to do some project about sentences, and originally, everybody was supposed to make part of a wall mural. Well, about halfway through, right as my group was finishing our piece, it was decided that the gray wall looked boring, and wouldn't we love to make a tropical theme? Sure, it sounds interesting, but my group had to pretty much tear our wall up so we could each make a surfboard. I'm doing "Punk-tuation", and my design isn't even done. Considering I was being stupid, I picked black paper out, without realizing that I can't decorate it. While my other teammates are decorating their boards with flowers, stripes, dots, and flames, I'm over here gluing question marks to a black piece of paper cut like an orange slice.

I also have cornell notes in 2 classes, a practice test I need to take, a 9-paragraph practice test I need to write, 9 words I have to define, a 5-page report, and a surfboard on my hands. It's not all due tomorrow but then again, I have no clue when everything's due.

I would have had time in the lab to work on my surfboard and narrative, but my drama coach pulled me out of 6th period for the past 2 weeks to work on my 5-minute skit. I loved watching all the other performances and performing mine every day, but it came with strings attached: I'm waaaaaay behind.

Lets forget about school for awhile. Let's talk about something else, like theatre. Broadway at Iroquois recently posted its summer season along with audition notices. Imagine my delight to see that teens can audition for CATS, one of the musicals they're doing. Imagine my frustration when I saw that I'm 8 months too young to audition. I COULD be able to audition for Willy Wonka and strut my inner Oompa Loompa, but really...

CATS has been one of my favorite musicals for forever. This is probably the first and only time I'm going to be able to audition for it without waiting until I'm 20, when it might not still be playing, and audition in proffesional theatre. Although competition at BAI is big, I know that there is a bigger chance of being told, "Eh, get lost, sucker" in the big leauges.

If I offened anyone with this, sorry. I'm incredibly frustrated right now, and need to seriously vent off some steam. I don't feel much better, but feel slightly satasfied that I was able to post this and ended up pretty much screaming it.

Nine paragraphs. Probably my longest post ever. (Or close to, although this makes paragraph 10.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you got carded for Cats! Who'da thunk it? What you should do is create a Rocky Horror experience: Go to the play in cat makeup, sit way down front, and sing every song real loud. Get up and dance in the aisle. (You could even take Eddie with you for special effects.)
On a happier note, how do you like the ice day I wished for you? Hope you're getting some much-needed rest.

Anonymous said...

Hmm...good idea.

"...you'd really have thought she'd ought to be dead..."

With whips and chains!

Time waaaarp!