Friday, December 26, 2008

Charlie Bucket cracked a joke

On my mom's blog, you can read about the curious case of Bruce and Kevin the reindeer. There's a photo of the three unrelated reindeer in our yard (One of which we won from the Australians that bought Bruce and Kevin). Mom said they have no names, and then when it said "the Australian cousin is the little one in the middle", something struck me.

I went onto Wikipedia and found some names to a very famous Australian novel and commented this:

"Get four more and name them Meg, Pip, Judy, Nell, Bunty, Baby, and The General. Gotta love the 7 Little Australians."

Apparently, that's hilarious. My dad came into my room, asking how I heard about The Seven Little Australians, and I showed him a book that I've had since I was four or five---thanks, Uncle James and Aunt Meredith! It's called Great Girl Stories, and it includes excerpts from famous novels with lovable heroines, including Meg of the Seven Little Australians. It's arranged by Rosemary Sandberg, if you're interested.

You're welcome, world.

No comments: