Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Typical Day

I've noticed that sometimes I might say "Sometime around 4th period..." or something like that if I'm referring to 4th period at school. It just hit me that none of my readers really know what 4th period is for me! So as a boring but informative post, I'm posting a normal day in the life.

6 AM- My brother wakes me up by turning on the lights, filling my room with blinding light. If I feel energetic (Which I usually don't), I'll get dressed. If I feel lazy, I'll eat breakfast in my pajamas---the closest thing I can get to Breakfast in Bed.

7:30ish AM- I'm in homeroom usually reading, writing in my agenda, finishing my homework, or doing absolutely nothing. Good enough for me.

1st period- Geography. It's my favorite and best subject, and I really like my teacher. (He's cool!) We're usually reading the next section, discussing the previous section, taking a 12-question quiz, or working on our group projects (My group is doing Russia.)

2n period- Band. I really like my 1st-4th period classes, so I'll just say that and be done with all the "I like this class because..." stuff. I play oboe, but am considered a flute because there's only four flutes and only one oboe. I'm also the only double reed. Woo hoo!

3rd period- Literature. We usually do hands-on stuff with the stories from out textbooks, such as trials, skits, vocabulary games, etc. We just started reading circles, so we're taking a break from our regular textbooks and reading actual books with our groups. MY group is doing "Roll Of Thunder, Hear My Cry".

4th period- Science. It's also lunch and recess, so it's kind of a short period. Still, it's interesting and I understand a lot of the concepts I started on in 5th grade a whole lot better, such as chemical reactions.

5th period- Math. We tend to spend two days on a section: one to do problems from the textbook and one to do word problems. It makes it easier to know what to expect.

6th period- Language Arts. We're currently doing a lot of Power Point things, which is kind of hard because I know absolutely nothing about Power Point. I'm alright with Word, but all the snazzy stuff some people can do in PP? I can't understand I a bit of it.

7th period- PE. Currently, we're focusing on Flag Football, and we've done Frisbee, soccer, and basketball. I've heard that about once or twice each quarter, we play DanceDance Revolution, but so far there's been no word of it. I hope we get to do it, as I'm pretty good at it.

After school- Swimming, piano and beta Club, drama, bassoon, or just plain hanging out. I'll get cracking on my homework at around 7.

10 PM- Lights out!

Hopefully, tonight will be earlier...

No comments: