Thursday, November 29, 2007

4D Dream: Sight, Sound, Smell, and Touch

I had the absolute weirdest dream last night.

It wasn't weird as in the fantasy pokemon legend dream I had a couple nights ago (Don't ask), but weird as in so realistic yet so impossible.

Most of the dream is kind of fuzzy now, but I do remember the main part: I was the exact age I am now (12) and my mom was letting me get a tattoo. Scratch that---TWO tattoos, both right next to each other on my upper right arm.

Let's get one thing straight. I think tattoos are pretty cool. I think it's stupid to just walk in, find a design you like, and paint it on, only to hate it five days later. But still, some people can pull them off really well. (Billy Martin, for example)

The part that made it so weird was the fact that my mom would NEVER in a million years sit next to me as I got all tattooed and even encourage me to keep going ("Come on---just two more inches and you'll be done!"). I mean, I've told her about the fantasy my friend Karen and I share about getting our hair dyed black and some other neon color when we're 18 and 19, but in my dream, I WAS STILL 12!

Scary thing is, I felt the needle. It hurt. A lot.

No comments: