Monday, November 26, 2007

Scales and Arpeggios

I started piano lessons today.

I also started Beta Club, but I had been waiting for piano lessons more or less since I started to teach myself piano. I'm all right at it, but not amazing. Hopefully it'll help me figure out bass clef a bit more and help me on the bassoon (Which is also going well---I know four notes and can play "Mary Had A Little Lamb")

My teacher is really cool and is letting me kind of pick up where I left off. I'm a lot more fluent with treble clef now, so that'll help me out a fair bit.

I know it'll take a while, but I have some sheet music in my piano bench that is slowly collecting dust. I'm hoping that in a few months I'll be able to dust it off and actually play it full way through without spending five hours decoding it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you. Today the bassoon and piano--tomorrow the tromboon! ;-)
Keep up the great work!
Love,
Papa Boyd