Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Clean (Fake) House

Even though there is nothing exciting happening around here, it is my obligation for the month of November to post every day. Therefore, I must post about my day with cleaning-mania.

My grandparents are coming for Thanksgiving, and normally, my mom tries to clean up the house a bit when we have guests. However, it seemed that today was extremely hard and long. That's probably due to the fact that my dad is out of town, and he is the main cleaner-upper. My mom is probably second, then me, then my brother. Trust me, I'm great at keeping my room clean. all the real "cleaning" I have to do is vacuuming. The rest is picking up and restoring the room to its original state. (To put it short, I'm more of an organizer than a cleaner.)

We weren't organizing today. We were cleaning.

I offered to help out with the bathrooms, but I must admit, I'm awful when it comes to cleaning products. "Glass Wipes" and "Surface Wipes" are both just "Wipes" to me, so smart me decided the clean the mirror with a surface wipe and dry it with Kleenex. Ugh.

I did also have to pick up my room, which for as long as it took, I was actually glad that I had the slightest clue what to do. I also love just watching the mess get smaller and smaller until it looks perfect! (For some reason, I prefer to clean my room when it's really messy rather than when it's just slightly messy. It motivates me more.)

On other topics, my friend Maya has probably granted me the "Weirdest Talent" award in the Awards Ceremony in her head. She found out the other day that I could fluently read, write, and translate "chatspeak". Would you like a sample of my mad skillz?

lyk, lol!!!! t4@t 1$ lyk s0 w31rd! 1 6@n @6tu11y typ3 ths p01nt13$$ $tu7! 1m 1337!

Translation- Like, laughing out loud!!!! That is like so weird! I can actually type this pointless stuff! I'm elite!

$tup1d, p01nt1335 t@13nt, 3h?

(Stupid, pointless talent, eh?)

No comments: