Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Quadruple Reed

You know how a couple weeks ago, I was moaning about how my oboe stopped working?

Well, I sent it in for repairs. It had a pad missing. It was replaced on the spot. Before the repairman left, he decided to drop off the oboe that my mom decided to rent because we thought that my regular oboe might be in the shop for a few weeks.

So now I'm stuck with not one, not zero, but TWO oboes! It's kind of strange, considering on Tuesday I was oboeless and today I'm...oboeful. It's kind of like growing two inches overnight.

I have the second oboe for about a month, unless we decide to keep renting it and eventually keep it. During that time, I plan to take advantage of my two oboes and keep one at home and one at school. Might as well make use of it.

However, I'm still contemplating which oboe to use for the concert based on difficulty and sound quality. Some girls may obsess about which pair of shoes to wear to the mall. Me? I don't have time for silly things like that! I'm busy debating which reed to use.

No comments: