Thursday, November 1, 2007

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fort Knox


It's priest,
Have a little priest.
Is it really good?
Sir, it's too good, at least.


For the last few months, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street has been my favorite musical. Old-time readers of my mom's blog will know that when I like a musical, I usually dress up as a character for Halloween. When I was 10, it was Rumpleteazer from CATS, and this year, I decided to be Mrs. Lovett, Todd's pie-making partner in crime. I didn't have anyone to go out with, though, so I asked my friend Matthew if her was interested in trick-or-treating with me. he declined until I found out he didn't have a costume. I told my mom, and after about 10 minutes of brainstorming, came up with a couple ideas:

  • Black-eyed P (Yes, P, not pea)
  • Game show contestant (OK, that was Matthew's idea)
  • Ultra Ordinary Boy

And finally, our last suggestion was for him to wear black pants and a white shirt, allow us to get some ribbon for suspenders and a fake razor, and be a five-minute throw together Sweeney Todd. He loved the idea, and a few days later, got this as a product:


We also got in the spirit to dress up my dog, Ginger. Chicken pot pie, anyone?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Evil minds think alike. I just read your blog about Ginger and chicken pot pie. I put a comment on your Mom's blog about the same topic before reading your blog. How is that for coincidence?