Monday, March 3, 2008

Spring is Sprining

It hasn't sprung yet, but its getting there. I have proof.

For the first time since October, we had outside recess. It was WARM, but not hot. There was a strong breeze, but it wasn't cold air. Very refreshing, and a million times nicer than the gym.

Secondly, I've noticed that the evenings are getting slightly longer. Of course, this means it will be pitch black in the morning, but it isn't that light anyway. At least it'll be light to walk the dog. It also won't be cold, and everything seems to smell nice in the spring. I don't know why, it just does. Maybe because you have time to notice it, as it isn't 2 degrees outside?

I'm totally ready for winter to be over. It's freakishly cold down here in 'Tucky, and I'm sick of it. On the flip side, I grew out of all my capris, so I'll need new ones. However, I'd go through the spring rolling up my pant legs if it meant being warm enough to do so. I hate the cold.

The best part is, now I'm breaking out my flip-flops to walk Ginger. I used to slip on my fluffy crocs, but they're woolly and too warm for 60 to 70 degree weather. My flip-flops are a bit too small now, but I don't care. I'm good with any sign for "Winter is officially over". (I actually got one today---my friend Katie took off her favorite jacket at recess. I call it "Katie sheading her winter coat".)

1 comment:

Uta said...

Don't ya just love those fluffy Crocs?