Friday, March 14, 2008

Fast Times at East High: Part 3

Wow, I can hardly believe that I only have two shows left. I've been having so much fun, and this is incredible experience. I'm interacting with professional actors, performing in front of a nearly-full house, and gaining better stage presence.

One interesting thing that happened backstage is that the understudy for the teacher chatted with us "bleacher creatures". It was interesting listening to how she's started out living in a radius of 3 states to becoming a cabaret in New York, then performing across the world, and now she's in the national tour. She gave us great advice, and it was really cool listening to somebody who's fairy tale really came true.

I've noticed that most of my nervous energy has converted into dramatic energy. I'm getting more and more into the show each time, and I really got some intereaction with the actors today. I "peaced-out" the mascot and James, got grabbed from the back by a random basketball character, and even finger-waved Ryan (With reply, mind you!)

I keep on losing what it felt like to be on stage in front of all those people, but I know one thing: it feels great. It's so much fun, and it's really going to add something to my resume. Not to mention giving me audition tips, practice for performing on stage, and so much more.

Tomorrow I have the day off, but on Sunday, I'm performing twice. The closing performance is going to be incredible, but I'm definently savoring these last performances.

Part 4 will continue on Sunday, and I'll just post about my boring, un-Wildcat day tomorrow. Until then, you'll see me humming "Breaking Free". (If you said I'd be doing this a year ago, I would have laughed in your face yet again, still giggling over the crazy idea that I'd be performing in it)

No comments: