Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Fast Times at East High: Part 1

If a year ago, somebody said that I'd be staying up until around midnight every night for a week to do High school Musical related stuff, I would have probably slapped them and/or called them an idiot, fool, or Raoul DeChangy-clone.

However, now I'll admit something: I'm doing just that. I was 'scouted' as one of about 10 teenagers in and around Louisville to be part of the pep squad for the HSM National Tour while they were in Kentucky. I'm not going to be doing much (I'm onstage for maybe 15 minutes), but anything with the word "National" looks spiffy on a resume, doesn't it?

Yesterday was Opening Night, so I didn't have to perform. I am going onstage tonight, and I'm so excited about going through the stage door and seeing the backstage. I'm half-pumped, half-freaking-out right now about it, even though I'm not really singing, dancing, or acting. I just have to be preppy.

Before the show, I got my hair cut. I only went in for a trim, but sort of changed the style up. I think it looks really nice:



My mom and I also went out for Thai food in celebration of the end of the Famous Thai's project. We had spring rolls, soup, and garlic pork, and it was gooood.

I'm surprised to say that I really enjoyed the show itself. It's a lot better than the movie, and the performers could actually sing, dance, and act, and weren't just chosen because they were 'hot'. Sharpey reminded me a lot of Glinda from Wicked, as she had the same hair color and a really high voice. It was really good.

I can't wait until tonight, and I'm doing a total of (what I think is) 6 shows total. I'm taking Saturday off because of Glod Rush stuff.

GO WILDCATS!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so exciting! Weeeeee'rrrrre Allll in This Together! : ) Enjoy the rest of your shows. Love you! Ninny

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to hearing all about your adventures in HSM. By the way, your new hair style is great.
Love, Mimmie