Thursday, March 13, 2008

Fast Times at East High: Part 2

I just had my second performance tonight, and it was AWESOME.

I turned out to not be the only 7th grader, so my fellow bottom-of-the-food-chain companion and I chatted about theatre, our ideas about High School Musical, and other related things. It really passed the time not just trying to figure out what people mean when talking about their schools. (However, some guy did ask me which high school I had applied for a scholarship at---I bit my lip and told him "Fort Knox High School---right across from the middle school, public, and freakishly small")

I was on Stage Left tonight, and it was so much fun walking backstage. It was weird really realizing how big this thing was. After getting on the bleachers, we were wheeled out on stage and caused quite an uproar (A good thing, by the way).

Ryan, Sharpay, Troy, and Gabriella were usually on the bottom step, so we couldn't see much. However, despite all that, I clapped to the beat, danced in place, chatted random nonsense, and did my best lip-syncing. I'm still iffy on HSM lyrics, so I didn't want to be caught singing the wrong words.

Tomorrow, we have another show, and my mom is being a chaperon. She seems really pumped about holding everybody's stuff---after all, she's going to see backstage!

The best part was the fact that after the show, we all had to meet on stage right. Because I was on the left, I had to get there somehow, so I ended up walking ACROSS THE STAGE. Sure, the curtain was down, nobody could see me, but I was going across a professional stage! How often does the 'audience' (As we are referred to) get to walk across the stage of the Kentucky Center?

Stay tuned tomorrow for another "Wildcats Report"!

*Whistles "Breaking Free"*

No comments: