Monday, March 10, 2008

Entering Girl-World

For the longest time, I've been proud to say I've never been in an American Eagle, Abercrombie, or Aeropostale. When my brother began buying his jeans at AE, that broke that record. Today, I entered Aeropostale.

It was loud. I had no clue who was playing on the radio, but it was loud. It was also bright and full of a ton of Spring stuff. Nevermind that it's currently 30 degrees outside---floral bikinis look so good in Spring!

I left empty-handed, as I had gone in for jeans, and all they had were either too long, too skinny, too low-rise, or they had a huse gap in the back. Just the perks of being in the phase between kid's and junior's.

I also left feeling like I had after Sweeney Todd. I think I get what it feels like for most of the girls in my school to go into a Hot Topic. After leaving, wide-eyed and ears busted, I glanced a few shops down and whispered to my mom, "Allow me to run into Spencer's and cleanse my soul."

Two stores down. If somebody wants me to go into A&F, they'll need to drag me kicking and screaming, "I don't WANNA go!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You went in to Spencer's to cleanse your soul? When I was a kid, that's where I went to get it dirty!

Alicebelle said...

Basically, I needed somthing that dark to balance out the insane prepiness that is Aeropostale. :D Most keep the "preppy" and "dark" scales even, ya know.

Uta said...

Abercrombie is REALLY loud. You can't hear yourself think in there. I HATE going in there, but my mom always makes me go in. Two words: BURNING EARS.