Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Running off Schedule

I've usually found myself going to bed at 9:30 or later. With Regionals coming up, I've been trying to get to bed at 9 or eariler, yet my efforts go in vain.

Today I decided to try and change that. On a piece of scratch paper, in my favorite purple marker, I made myself an afternoon schedule:

AFTER SCHOOL

In this order...
-Hang up towels
-Rise bathing suit
-Dry off
-Walk dog
-Get snack
-Homework
a. Map
b. Discussion Question
c. Math Questions
d. Science pack
-Practice oboe
-Clean up
-Go to bed

In bed by: 9:00 PM
Up by: 6:00 AM

I thought that writing it down would help me go by it, but I still stayed on the computer until 6 or so. However, I did pretty well...ish.

I scratched off everything until "clean up". I'm still working on that, and as I'm writing this, I'm clearly not in bed. Because I'm writing this at around 9:15, I also failed at getting in bed by 9.

However, I did make SOME progress. I got my homework finished before homeroom, remembered to hang up my towel. I actually practiced oboe today, and for a solid 30 minutes. Yet, I STILL can't seem to get in bed at 9!

Tomorrow I'll probably try again. I'm just about to make a new to-do list. Hopefully, it'll actually work.

No comments: