Friday, January 4, 2008

Bassoon-ery

Today I actually decided to get serious with the bassoon. My mom printed out a really good fingering chart, so I sat down with the monstrosity of an instrument and played for about 20 minutes. However, I played hard. I had never really gotten any further than the first two pages on my method book before, but I tossed the book aside and pulled out my trusty Lion King sheet music. I tried "Can You feel The Love Tonight", but soon deemed it rather difficult. I chose "be Prepared" instead.

Now, after a good long session of straight bassooning, I think I've actually accomplished something. I can play about half of the entire song, and I can play about a quarter of it fluently. Tomorrow I'm planning on forcing myself to spend an hour on that song and just plain nail it.

Next stop- "Music of the Night"
Final destination- "March of the Heffalumps"

No comments: