Saturday, January 26, 2008

Do I Dream Again?

Today was the first day of my third season of Broadway Bootcamp. This time, we're doing a huge, gigantic, enormous Andrew Lloyd Webber fest. The little kids are doing CATS, Starlight Express, and Joesph and the Magical Technicolor Dreamcoat. I'm part of the older group, and we're focusing on - get this - Phantom of the Opera.

We're only doing 4 songs, but I think we're pretty well-rounded: Angel of Music, Phantom of the Opera, Masquerade, and Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again. We're actually using masks for Masquerade, so I'm imagining that will be a lot of fun.

I wore my Prima Donna shirt for the first day, and am planning on wearing my mom's old Bolshoi Ballet sweatshirt next week. Every season, there seems to be a prima donna who snags the most and longest solos, and it hasn't bugged me for the last two seasons (Sure---"Where Is Love" was a bit dull and "I Just Can't Wait To Be King" were only solos, but they looked rather nice in the end), but this season, I'm trying to be noticed. This is the first time we've done shows that I not only like, but obsess about. Getting a solo in the open rehearsal would be awesome. I'm actually deciding to sing loud enough to be somewhat heard in voice class this time, too.

I have no idea what the younger kids are singing, but I can't wait to see the final product. Anything Andrew Lloyd Webber is awesome, and Cats sounds adorable with younger kids singing it.

It's going to be a great season!

I wish I could have worn THIS to the first rehearsal:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go for it! You have a wonderful voice and stage presence. I know, as I saw a small sample in the skit you did with Karen last summer. Sing out!! You can do it!