Monday, January 28, 2008

God, It's Good!

I've been searching EVERYWHERE for sheet music to Sweeney Todd, and finally, my mom found it! A few days ago, we were in Lousiville, and she offered to look for the music while I was at Bootcamp. In the car, she gave the the book. It was pretty small, and didn't have the song I needed (Pirelli's Miracle Elixir) but it's pretty darn good.

It has Ballad of Sweeney Todd, Johanna, Pretty Women, Wait, By The Sea, and Not While I'm Around. Although I usually use my sheet music for my oboe, I've noticed that due to Sondheim's large note range, my oboe can't hit notes too high or too low. Therefore, I play pretty much every song on flute (Which I'm finally getting---I've been teaching myself since December)

I'm still trying to find a longer version with Pirelli, Green Finch & Linnet Bird, Worst Pies In London, and Kiss Me/Ah, Miss. However, for right now, I'm rather happy.

No comments: