Thursday, May 15, 2008

Yet Another Obsession

I'm obsessed with several things, including:

  • Danny Elfman, Alan Menkan, and Tchaikovsky music
  • Tim Burton movies with Johnny Depp
  • Johnny Depp in general
  • Roleplaying
  • Jacob Black, who is much cooler than Edward Cullen will ever be


Most recently, I've gotten a new obsession: old Disney movies! Stuff that came out before the weird Finding Nemo-type animation started. I loved the old animation style, and the older movies are just A LOT better than the newer ones (Although I do love me some Ratatouille)

So far, I've gone through crazes of Lion King, Pocahontas, Anastasia (OK, so it isn't Disney, but whatever) and Beauty & the Beast. I'm actually STILL going through that craze, as I will never get enough of Angela Lansbury's Mrs. Potts.

However, today I got a new Disney obsession: Hunchback of Notre Dame! I've actually been to Notre Dame, so I think it makes sense. I haven't seen the movie since who-knows-when, but I've been doing what I usually do: finding the songs on Youtube.

I don't know just how many times I've listened to "Bells of Notre Dame" today, but it's been several:



I actually think that Clopin (The puppeteer) actually goes up with Mrs. Lovett, Elphaba, and Aldonza in the Dream Roles section of my mind. Then again, it's probably more with LeFou from Beauty and the Beast in the Impossible Dream Roles section, as

A) Clopin is a guy, like LeFou, while I'm not
B) "Hunchback" isn't even a stage musical

No comments: