Sunday, August 3, 2008

"My world's on fire, how about yours..."

Literally---it's BOILING down here! (And for those who know the rest of the lyrics, no, that is notdo become bored.) Apparently, the AC dying is just the way to end Summer of '08.
the way I like it. And I
I think we're all going to wind up doing homework in the basement once school starts tomorrow, as it's just insane upstairs. The basement has a tendency to never get hot, for better or for worse. It just stays the same cool temperature year round. (Actually, it gets wicked cold in Winter, but in the beginning of August, you don't think about that)

My last day of summer is going to be rather boring, surprisingly enough. It mostly consisted of getting stuff ready for tomorrow, including but not limited to:


  • Cleaning my room
  • Painting my nails (Mostly so I don't bite them)
  • Figuring out what I'm even going to wear tomorrow
  • Practicing my piano and bassoon exercises, as well as touching up my mad oboe skillz
  • Clearing out my binder and filling it with the normal back-to-school stuff: pencils, pens, highlighter, etc.
  • (Hopefully) getting to bed by 9 or earlier

I've got about eight hours to do it all---that SHOULD be enough. And if it's not? Well, I guess that's where prioritizing kicks in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So how was day #1?
Hope it went OK.
dad