Sunday, April 13, 2008

Blog365: Day 103

First of all: holy crap, I've survived over 100 days of Blog365?

Second of all: 150th post! This is really picking up from the 40-something posts I had before I joined this insanity...

But otherwise, National Johnny Depp Day turned out well. I wasn't able to participate much, but the day before I watched Edward Scissorhands, and tonight I might watch Sweeney Todd. Johnny Depp is cool enough to be celebrated any time of the year.

But for my actual post, let me get one thing straight: I usually don't like stereotypical 'boy bands'. That doesn't include bands like Green Day, Good Charlotte, and Fall Out Boy, in which all members are guys. I mean more like bands/people like Jesse McCartney, Backstreet Boys, and *Shudder* Jonas Brothers.

Recently, though, I've found an exception for that rule. There's a new, rising band in Orlando called "Heartbeat Boys". Karen told me about them, and when I heard the title, I sort of groaned. Still, I went along with her rants and raves about how awesome they were.

Finally, she convinced me to listen to some of their music. I decided that, yes, this definitely IS a boy band that writes a lot of preppy teen romance songs, but they were GOOD preppy teen romance songs. I officially became a fan when I looked at some of their pictures and decided that Emile is downright HOT. He's the one wearing the black hat on the far left:



If only I were still in Florida, I'd be able to see them this coming Saturday...

I was IMing Karen today, and we would up creating a storm with Sweeney Todd parodies about Emile and I (Fellow fangirls know what this is like). We both 'remade' "Johanna", I did "Poor Thing", but she did the real jewel: "Kiss Me".

3 comments:

Uta said...

Sigh, add him to the list...

Alicebelle said...

LOL, how long has the list gotten?

I feel like Gal, saying that I have 15-or-so boyfriends, most of which I've never met (Cough)JohnnyDepp(cough)

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's you're BFF, Karen. I gotta say, they are the sweetest guys you will ever meet. Me and my friends hung out with them for, like, 2 1/2 hours before the show, and a little while afterwards, and they were sooo nice! They really liked the necklaces we gave them, we got to play b-ball together, we even did a mini "photo shoot". During the show, we got to dance with them on stage, which was amazing, and after the show, I was crying I was so happy, and Patrick (the one in the white hat) gave me a hug. Then I lightened up the mood by saying "Ew, you're all sweaty!" which caused both of us to laugh. One of their opening acts, Latisha, hosts this show called Teen2Teen, and my friend Crystal and I are going to be on it soon this month, and we'll both get to sing! I'm singing a song Crystal wrote for me about Ryan (the one in the back with the curly hair. Everybody says he likes me. Just ask Annabelle.) I'll write more later possibly! LOL