Saturday, April 5, 2008

Back from Karen Kastle

Well, today is our last day in Florida. At around 4, my mom picked me up from Karen's house. It was strange---3 days straight with each other, and we weren't sick of each other! We had a lot of fun hanging out together, and can't wait for summer to come.

We went to the mall on Friday afternoon. We had about an hour before lunch, and we were by ourselves, so we went out by ourselves. We only hit two stores, one for each of us. First, we hit Limited Too for Karen. She's the biggest Joe Jonas geek in the history of the universe, so she had to see if they had any new Jonas stuff. Me, the Jonas Neutral person, was deemed the stuff-holder. It was rather interesting: I was standing in the middle of a pink-and-purple Limited Too, wearing all black, holding all this pink Jonas Brothers gear as Karen rambled on and on about how hot Joe was. Definitely not your average LT customer. In the end, I helped her go from two wallets, five pins, a backpack, three shirts, and two posters to a shirt, backpack, and one poster. Whew!

The second store was of my choosing: Hot Topic. For some reason, my mom doesn't let me buy a lot of stuff from the Hot Topic in E-Town, so I got rebellious and went in. I took about 10 minutes, versus the 30 minutes that it took to sort through all the Jonas Junk. I found the Sweeney Todd shirts, took one of each in a small, and bought the one that my parents might not kill me if I got. (Actually, kill me twice---once for going in, once for getting the razor shirt. I saved four bucks AND one of the killings by choosing the shirt I did. Score!)

We got lost several times in the mall, but it was a lot of fun overall. Besides the mall, we watched Sweeney Todd, role played, listened to Good Charlotte a bit, and I played oboe a little. Karen took some video at about 1:30 AM last night, and I can't wait to see that and the pictures. All in all, I can't wait to (hopefully) come back this summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Who cares if I'm a big Joe Jonas freek? He's still the hottest guy on the planet. You once said in the past yourself that he was hot and you liked him! OH YOU JUST GOT PONED!!!!!!!!!!!

Alicebelle said...

You mean "pwned"? :D

Yeah, I did. The crush quickly wore off when I found out I had a great distaste for his music. Oh well...at least he isn't doing drugs or any of those Miley-like pictures. (Shudder)