Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Bassooning Beethoven

Two-meaning title.

Part one: Something I typically never do; spend the entire afternoon bassooning! I printed out the music to "Sorcerer's Apprentice" and have been all over that. I've also been looking at my two pieces of concert music and plan on asking my band teacher for the other two tomorrow. We're doing a concert a Six flags later in May, and although I can't play bassoon in the school concert (Which is six pieces to learn on seven days) I might be able to to KY Kingdom. That's about three weeks away, and I only have four pieces to learn, two of which I'm working on. Not to mention the fact that I will have a few bassoon lessons between now and then.

Part two: What can I say? Mike is Beethoven:



Sadly, not all things went well for him. Here he is having Composer's Angst:

No comments: