Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sleep: what keeps me awake

Today was the Foreign Language Fest, which was actually a lot of fun! My two events (Writing and Oral Proficiency) were right next to each other, so I was able to enjoy myself for most of the day. I met up with several of my YTHC friends at the student center for lunch (Chick-fil-A) and it was nice catching up with them. Then, I waited outside for about an hour with about eight of the other Fort Knox-ers.

My results were okay, I think. I got 2nd place in Level I Writing and 2nd place in German Videos: All Levels. Mike snagged first, but I personally liked his video better than mine so I'm not too upset. And he pointed out that maybe we should make movies together as we're (apparently) the "best" German filmmakers in the region. I do wonder if anyone else even made a video though.

We all got back to school for the final ten minutes or so, and then it was the school dance. To put it bluntly, I could have done without going to the dance. It was two and a half hours out of my afternoon (and I have three tests tomorrow!), and I spent two hours of that against a wall, being anti-social.

I understand most of the German for the chapter six test, though. There's one thing I need to look over for social studies tomorrow, and we get 15 minutes to study in science. I think I'll be good.

And now to go to bed. Sorry for not posting as Eli or Jack today, Aubrey and Maya, but maybe tomorrow.

No comments: