Sunday, March 29, 2009

Karen Kastle: Day II

Today went just swimmingly! It started at about ten thirty or so, as Karen is a late sleeper and I myself am always happy to spend an extra hour lying in bed, wondering what to do next with my book/fanfiction/rough draft. We did manage to pull ourselves out of the vacuum that is sleep, and roughly an hour later we were ready to start the day's activites: shopping for Karen's trip to Disney.

I did wind up buying a couple things for myself, though. At Ross's I bought this amazing sleeveless white hoodie with various blue-and-pink splotches on it. It was a complete score---I saw one just like it at Kohl's (our second stop) for about $40. I managed to get mine for about $7. Score!

Much in the idea of getting a new swimsuit that really fits (Read: without WHALES on it) I looked around the selection at Kohl's and decided to try on a tankini and a bikini that were both the same style, the bikini just for laughs.

Oddly enough, I liked it a lot better than the tankini. The tankini "fit" in the way that it wasn't choking me or just hanging on my shoulders, but just stood there draped like a ghost costume. It had no form, and, to be blunt, was rather frumpy. Not quite as ugly as the infamous Whale Suit, but still not my cup of tea.

The bikini was actually amazing. It felt comfortable, much to my surprise. I thought it would be like swimming in my underwear or something like that. Actually, it really fit, and looked really good. Even though I had a nagging thought that I should check in with Mom (Who bought the Whale Suit back in October) I put it in my shopping cart and paid for it. If I come across a pool in the near future, I am so jumping into it to finalize the purchase.

Upon arriving home, Karen and I spent most of the afternoon editing the second installment of the Karen and Alicebelle Show, which we filmed TWICE last night after stupid iMovie deleted the original film before putting it into an event. We widdled down 34 minutes of footage into about nine minutes (Actually twelve and then we widdled some more) and I'll be posting that the next time I get Internet that might support a large video upload (I'm on Mimi's computer right now---with permission, of course.)

Tomorrow, Karen doesn't have school, so we're going to be alone in the house. We have plans of Guitar Hero, and Karen wants me to show her some of the makeup that I use, as we weren't able to get to that today. If all goes well, I'll be going to school with her tomorrow. If not, we're going to pull a Wicked and have our One Short Day in the "Emerald City" (DeLand) and pack as much best friendliness into a day as humanly possible.

Any pictures that we take will be coming with the video---once I have faster Internet on my computer!

1 comment:

maya said...

my beloved tankinis have been downgraded to 'frumpy'? ::sniffle:: :( I wear them all the time...