Saturday, March 14, 2009

End of Carlisle Adventures

Dad and I just got back from the evening's activities. We went out to eat at one of his favorite local places---AliBi's, which is this really nice pub-restaurant. I had perhaps the largest burger I've ever had, and most likely one of the best.

After dinner, we headed over to the theatre at Dickinson College to see the youth theatre perform Mulan. It was really well put together! They only had 19 rehearsals before dress rehearsal week, but it was more or less flawless. Mulan herself was a freshman at one of the high schools, and had a lovely voice with a lot of vibrato that, as I know, people her age typically only dream about. Mushu was also quite adorable, and she seemed to be having a lot of fun.

To top off the evening on a sweet spot, we had a bit of ice cream. I had strawberry, which I haven't had in awhile. I was craving a change from vanilla---so this is to you, Mom! I had a flavor for once! So I believe I did you proud.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Wow, a real flavor! ;-) Glad you had fun. Give Dad a hug from me.