Friday, March 27, 2009

Movie marathon

Today started a good two hours later than yesterday, as we didn't have a college tour to go on (Our feet still hurt). The drive from Tallahassee to DeLand was a lot better than expected, especially since we were running away from bad weather. We got to DeLand at about 1:30---much better than 3, which we had originally intended.

I watched most of Phantom in the car today, after not seeing it for about two years. I was slightly disappointed that I didn't react to it the way I thought I would. By the final scene I was trying not to laugh, I have to admit. For one I was also half-listening to Little Shop of Horrors while Madame Giry lead Raoul to the catacombs. Then I noticed when he fell into the Watery Pit of Doom, it reminded me of King Aurthur in Holy Grail. Just gallop gallop gallop WHOOPS!

Oh, and the facial expressions and some of his Captain-Obvious lines cracked me up. The finale used to be my favorite scene and if Emmy wasn't singing a reprise of "Angel of Music" I think I would have broken the silence.

In DeLand we had dinner at Bellini's as the usual Welcome-To-Florida dinner. Much to everyone's suggestion, I watched Red Eye, which was claimed to be a sort of Wait Until Dark. I think I like Wait Until Dark better, but Red Eye was pretty amazing. It was oddly connected to my misadventure in Chicago, right down to the fact that Jackson Rippner kind of looked like the person I sat next to on the way from Chicago to Louisville. I never want to fly again, I think.

But now the final movie for the night is Drop Dead Gorgeous, which is lightning the mood a fair bit. I think it might be one of the funniest movies I've seen in awhile---aside from Phantom, that is.

DISCLAIMER: I still love the show Phantom and the movie is great too.

No comments: