Sunday, May 10, 2009

So

I'm having second thoughts about this school talent show thing. I really don't know anything that I haven't already played that's a huge audience pleaser (such as Ice Dance or Sorcerer's Apprentice).

Anyone have an idea for something I could whip together really quickly on piano? I guess I could do something on bassoon but I've been doing so much of it lately. Besides, everyone in that school knows that I play bassoon and that I play it pretty well, so it isn't the huge surprise factor that I'm going for.

4 comments:

Papa Boyd said...

But you haven't played bassoon on your unicycle!

As for piano, take a look at Chopin's "Raindrop" prelude.

Uta said...

try "Piano Man" by Billy Joel. You can find sheets on the internet, and I've heard it's actually a rather simple arrangement, but sounds wonderful.

Alicebelle said...

Papa- True true :) I could work up the unicycle by itself and hope the chorus director doesn't see it as potentially dangerous.

Ally- I have the acutal sheet music for Piano Man and it's absolutely insane. Its also one of those insane pieces that you have to SING with and I doubt I'd be able to work up the keys that much to attempt vocalizing it.

Dad said...

Wish I could help ya with an idea, but music is not my thing. Sorry.