Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Penultimate concert evening

The middle school concert is tomorrow, so I'll be able so show off some wicked bassoon (Sorcerer's Apprentice, as I've said more than ample times) and hopefully it'll all go well. I'm kind of hoping that the rehearsal doesn't go AMAZING, because that's what happened with the high school concert: our rehearsal went bad, but the performance was nothing short of epic (for what our 23 members can do, which is quite surprising!)

Of course, there is the other music, but I'm not terribly concerned about it, as I can play it fairly easily. It's not terribly hard music, but with everyone coming together (and with PERCUSSION! I haven't played with percussion in middle school since forever ago) it sounds much better.

Then it's dashing off to Youth Orchestra, which I'm kind of nervous about. It IS just rehearsal, but I've been neglecting my music since I've been going insane on this bassoon solo.

Oh, and I totally love my accompanist and band teacher. They helped my mom and I schedule a get-together with the accompanist to practice without a bunch of people listening in as I learned what the piano part was---I had never heard it until this afternoon. He was rather friendly and helpful, and even let me record him playing it so that I could run through it a few times at home (which I have taken full advantage of).

2 comments:

Mimmie Boyd said...

That was real nice of your piano accompanist to record so you could practice with him. I wish I could be there. You have really worked hard on that piece.

Dad said...

Annabelle:
You will be great! Play your best and play with confidence.
Luv ya