Saturday, May 2, 2009

Carlisle: first and last day

If today had a theme song, it'd be "One Short Day" from Wicked. Everything today was just bang-bang-bang, because one can only fit so much stuff (and so much food!) in one thirteen-hour period.

The day started out with breakfast at this really cute diner that Dad and I actually had breakfast at when I came up. It was a tough call, but I chose blueberry over chocolate chip pancakes at the last minute simply because B comes before C in the alphabet. When all else fails, go to the tried-and-true alpha-beta.

We met some of our "invisible friends" for coffee (actually hot chocolate and a couple sodas) this afternoon, so I got to chat up with my friend Julianna for the first time in about two years. Naturally, we discussed everything that nobody else at the table would understand, so we got ourselves our own small island so as not to confuse everybody. (We also met for ice cream, which was delish as well).

After watching the Derby (which started at 6:30 rather that 6:05) it was back to the feedbag for meeting some of Mom's college friends for dinner. Again, more great food that I probably should have restrained myself on. Then again, why not go a little all-out? It's the weekend.

All in all, a really good day. Too bad tomorrow is going to be 10 hours of driving.

1 comment:

Dad said...

It was a fabulous day!