Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Dentist!

Or more Oral Surgeon!

Today was my appointment, and it went fairly well, I think. It was kind of nerve wracking at first---I was listening to "Dentist!" from Little Shop of Horrors, and the door opened for the nurse to call my name just on the downbeat after "Now SPIT."

The IV kind of hurt---cold stuff and pinching aren't my ideas of fun. However, after being drugged up (and on my beloved happy gas), I was apparently hysterical. The last thing I remember was the surgeon saying that I should be feeling tired soon. That apparently wasn't the last of me---Mom says that the last thing I said was "I LOVE oral surgery!" just before I zonked out. And hey, the prep work is actually kind of nice.

If someone didn't lead me around after I woke up, I think I would have broken something---that being my arm or a vase is beyond me. I discovered that I had stitches in my mouth, which is kind of gross. They stitched up the piece of gum that's been bugging me, though, so I almost feel better.

I got the most vile liquid antibacterial medication. Really---I might as well be drinking sweat. Tonight I had both teaspoons of it in a shot glass, a normal glass of water in the other hand. I think I took an equal time to drink both.

We got my teeth to go, planning to blog them. And blog them we will. Here they are, along with the one tooth that they mostly pulled at the dentist's office:



Aren't the three down the middle (and especially the middle one) MONSTERS? And just to think---what were those things doing in my mouth?

I had my mom take this picture for Quinn, great Corpse Bride lover that she is:



"I'm his wife!"

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes!!! those 3 are HUGE!
Keep the ice on the face for swelling, which will help reduce pain later. Try holding your noise while you drink the medicine. I have heard if you can't smell/breathe, you reduce your ability to taste anything.

Anonymous said...

What's with this happy gas I keep hearing about? When I have gas, ain't nobody happy!

gomomyourock said...

WHOA! Those are huge! You are a trooper!

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Hope you're feeling okay. I cringed through that entire blog entry. Even the part where you said you may as well be drinking sweat. I like your ring, though. Funny! Love, Ninny

Anonymous said...

Poor Annabelle! Glad you made it through ok--gosh that's a lot of teeth to get pulled at one time!

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

As Little Red Riding Hood said, "What big teeth you have!" Those are amazing. You are really a brave girl to do all of them at one time.

Did you put them under your pillow? The Tooth Fairy would have to raid Fort Knox to pay you for them.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Annabelle! Apparently, Elliott is lucking out. He has had 5 teeth fall out over the last 2 weeks. Perfect timing for him. He was especially happy after reading your blog.

Princess Katherine said...

oh my goodness gracious alicebelle!! wowee. that had to hurt. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

I LOVE CORPSE BRIDE!!!! :D:D:D

haha "Viktor?" "Wait, Victoria, you don't understand...(points to tooth) look, it's dead."

aside from that, ouch!

Quinnie said...

darn it, now I want a tooth wedding ring!

(PS, the previous comment was mine XD)