Thursday, January 8, 2009

Defy Gravity

My mom and I just got home from Wicked. Oh my God. One of the best things I think I've EVER seen.

I pride myself in being a huge fan of the show, knowing almost all the lyrics to the songs. I thought I'd just be following it along in my head---I wasn't. There's so much dialogue that they were able to cut out of the songs for the soundtrack, and so much that wasn't even in the Wikipedia synopsis.

Our Glinda was adorable, and Boq was awesome. Still, I was mostly impressed by Elphaba, my fellow mezzo-soprano. Guess who she was?

The original Young Cosette on Broadway.

I got a shirt for the show (I <3 OZ), which I'll take a picture of sooner or later. However, today I'll just say that I don't think I've seen special effects quite like that---ever!

No comments: