Thursday, January 22, 2009

Blog365: Day 22

Awhile back, my friend Matthew and I were voted "Most Likely to Turn in Homework" as part of the Class Favorites for the yearbook. Okay, so it wasn't quite the big deal as "Best Hair" or "Most Stylish," but I was voted something, so that was a change.

Yesterday, they made an announcement that today (Thursday) would be Favorites Picture day. They mentioned that we could bring "appropriate attire" to change into. For "Best Hair," that meant doing your hair all nice and pretty. "Most Stylish" isn't too hard to guess on. I had "Does Homework".

Rather than hiking my pants up four inches and buttoning my polo to the top button, I brought a pair of jeans and a shirt that I really like and think I look really nice, dare I say "hot" in. I wasn't subjecting myself to humiliation.

That apparently went in vain. The photographer (or the Art Teacher, I'm not sure who) had decided on our pose, and there was no negotiating. There was a single piece of paper, the "homework". Matthew and I were to do a tug-of-war over it, because we're obviously so keen on our homework and want to be the first to turn THAT particular paper in!

Well, with one piece of paper, it looks like we're being violent and trying to cheat by stealing the other one's paper. One would normally think that it would be a picture of us doing homework or holding papers that had A+'s on them.

But that's beside the point. My point is that people generally remember the class favorites in their pictures. Never forget Wylder as he climbed to the top of the bleachers while they were stacked up (I saw this, and it was actually kind of funny). Kari and Julian, always seen with a book or some sorts.

Never forget me, fighting over a piece of paper so much that it ripped. According to them, I love my homework that much.

It was mortifying. I'm already enough of a nobody at school, so that picture (in FULL COLOR, mind you, as this yearbook is in color) is not what I need to finish off the school year, nor to be remembered by. You can't see my face, as I had to face Matthew and look incredibly pissed, as to say "That's MY paper! Let me turn it in first! I spent ALLLL night on it, as I have no life!"

I can't wait for middle school to be over.

No comments: