Sunday, November 30, 2008

No more NaBloPoMo

Today's the last day of NaBloPoMo, which means that I only have 31 more days left to blog this year. Of course, it also means that I only have 25 more days to do any Christmas shopping that I need to do (AKA a lot).

But I promised you a sample of my Saturday, and you're gonna get it.

We went to this local museum that my gradma has been trying to take us to for awhile. I have to admit, it was pretty cool. Two points that I found interesting were a barber's chair and a very certain piano.

The barber's chair looked like it could be fresh out of Sweeney Todd, so just to be sure that it wasn't, I checked to see if it had a flipping mechanism.

I think the piano really caught my eye. It was from the 1800's, so it hadn't been tuned in awhile. Some of the keys had kind of broken down, resulting in a piano that looked an awful lot like this one:



Yes, that's from Corpse Bride, which is exactly why I liked it. The owner let me play it a little, and so I played some of "Sally's Song". It's true what they say---Danny Elfman music sounds great on the untuned piano.

After the museum, we all went to a local park to take a family picture and a cousins picture:



We all went home for an afternoon filled with football, naps, or Adventures in Babysitting (Me).

Later that evening, though, my Aunt Meredith decided she wanted to give me a makeover with some of her Mary Kay samples. I really liked the way it came out. Pictures will come once my mom edits them, as many of them are sideways (And my Photoshop trial just ended).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My GOD you have the cutest cousins....