Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sick, but not sick enough

I don't exactly like being sick, per say, but I have to admit that on the right day, it does feel really good. I'm kind of in the middle.

Like, today, I felt horrible. After a day in bed, I've kind of gotten better. But right now, I feel insanely tired, my stomach feels gross, my back hurts, and I just feel gross.

I suppose it's kind of a two-way deal. Tomorrow, I'll probably be well enough and sick enough to either suck it up and schlep through the school day or have a recovery day. However, if I do decide to schlep, then calling home for the recovery day is kind of out of the question, as that's the nature of recovery days. You either take then full or don't take them at all.

So now I'm trying to figure something out. I'm not sure if I want to be sick tomorrow or not---like I said, I hate being sick. But going to school after one day of sick leave is kind of tiring, since you're not entirely fine. On the other hand, I don't want to be seen at the Kid Skipping School. By doing that, though, I also don't want to have to go half-rested.

Now I have contemplation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hot soup, pain reliever and sleep...
Hope you feel better soon.
dad