Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Lost and found

As many of you know, I've carried my hat everywhere. Like, NYC, Syracuse, Florida, you name it, and its been there. It's a rather special hat.

I've also taken it to school several times. Granted, I can only wear it on the bus on either side of the day, but I've always done it for some reason. Once I enter the building, I take it off, put it on my jacket pocket (which is in my locker) and don't worry about it for the rest of the day.

Today, though, apparently the hat either slipped out of the pocket or someone broke into my locker, because apparently the hat wasn't there. I didn't realize this until fifth period, when I found it.

Someone put it in another kid's locker, who took it out and tossed it on the floor in confusion. I examined it, and once I saw the velvet ribbon and "Trixie" tag, I knew it was mine. Sure, he apologized for tossing it on the floor, but I think it's almost good that he did: otherwise, I'd have lost my Special Hat.

Talk about a stroke of luck! I'm still not carrying my hat to school anymore.

No comments: