Monday, November 16, 2009

Silver Lining on a Passing Storm Cloud

Knowing my wonderful time management skills, last night was another wonderful all-nighter. It was spent on APUSH, no surprises there, more specifically on a main idea log and John C. Calhoun report. My teacher never said anything about the report, but I figured that if it were on the syllabus, I better do it anyway.

Last night was actually one of the better all-nighters that I've had. My friend Meghan was online in the same time crunch that I was in, so we kept one another company in the early hours of the morning as it turned from November 15th to 16th. We had a rather nice discussion, to include fascinating subjects such as Special K bars and Glee, and the homework finally ended for both of us at 3 AM. We told each other to have a nice 3-hour nap and that we'd see each other in English in a few hours.

Report and MIL in hand, I went into 5th period APUSH after dragging through English and nearly falling asleep in German to discover something extraordinary:

The Calhoun report's due date was randomly changed to Wednesday. Great news for everyone who didn't remember it, but I had stayed up all night to discover that I had two extra days to work on it.

Even though I wasn't totally pleased with how the paper turned out, I turned it in anyway. I just wanted to get rid of it. I suggested to Meghan that we make cookies while everyone else does their summary, but it sounds like she has other commitments. I wonder if there's any brownie mix for Mom and I to celebrate with, though.

Bad News: I've had 7 hours of sleep in the last 50 or so hours

Good News: I'm apparently ahead in APUSH and have devised a plan to stay at least one assignment (hopefully soon to be one chapter) ahead in case another scenario where I need to stay up all night comes around.

The most important silver lining of the cloud, though, is that I've made it through another thunderstorm and am still able to see the cloud and try and prepare for the next one.

1 comment:

dad said...

Keep plugging away at the homework. I admire your dedication.
love ya