Saturday, April 18, 2009

Quite a loverly day

That's quite a change in the weather based on how school is in session, eh? To be honest, today was actually incredibly nice. I hope that some of that will fester off into the next five weeks (along with things like the band trip and auditions) to make the year more bearable.

Mom and I went to Louisville to get some new tights and possibly something to wear to YTHC auditions (after receiving tips to look nice versus the jeans that I likely wore last year). At the dance store, we found the tights and a new pair of character shoes that fit much better than my old ones---a size larger and only a 1 1/2 inch heel. Shorter heels are my friends.

After some Indian food that we missed on Wednesday due to rather nasty traffic, we headed over to Macy's, as they apparently had a sale going on for certain skirts or other dress items. I scored an amazing dress that is fairly easy on, easy off for the audition (and something nice to wear for formal-er dinners in Jamaica) and a totally hot pair of fitted-but-not-agonizing purple shorts. Yes. PURPLE. They look amazing with my Bats With Bows hoodie that I wear obsessively during the summer.

I got some work done on my prologue, though not as much as I would have liked. I did manage to get over to my neighbor's house to mess around on their piano (They have an amazing grand piano) for a couple hours this afternoon as well.

Tonight was Prom for the upperclassmen, but parents were invited to come for the crowning ceremony. Mike was up for Prom Prince (I suppose the junior version of King and Queen), so Mom and I walked down because Mike had the car and the weather was lovely either way.

At the end of the ceremony---which was actually very short---they had the tradition Parent Dance where, if your parent(s) were in the crowd, you could drag them onto the dance floor and slow dance.

Mom didn't dance, but I can safely say that I am the first person at school to have danced at Prom (I hate my expression in this picture, but it was hard to tell when Mom was taking pictures since EVERYTHING was flashing):



...granted, that dance was with my brother, and I didn't really know what to do (Seems I'm not the naturally graceful slow dancer I imagined myself being). I still like to think it counts for something, though.

Mike was still out, so Mom and I finished the evening with cinnamon ice cream and Little Miss Sunshine. I can also safely say that this is my new favorite movie and that Paul Dano is my new favorite actor. This is now my desktop background:

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

It was indeed a terrific day! :-)

Dad said...

Glad you had a good time shopping with mom and then later at the prom, even if for 30 minutes and one dance.