Wednesday, April 15, 2009

For sanity's sake

Today was a "mental health day" (As in going down to Pilates---the most AMAZING workout I think I've ever done). I wore my candy skull pajama pants after hearing that fleece/sweatpants will make you roast, and brought a pair of FKHS sweats to change into for lunch.

Well, Mom and I got into discussion, and we were seated in California Pizza Kitchen before I realized that I was still wearing my pajamas. I suppose that's Karma for me snickering when people go into Wal*Mart wearing fuzzy slippers and Spongebob pajamas. Naturally, Mom gave me some grief about it (lovingly, as she was complaining that her sweater didn't match her pants) and I brushed it off.

So I went to Musical Theatre, and Mom was in the car, using someone's WiFi and blogging about Ginger's birthday. She couldn't remember whether Ginger was turning three or four, so she signed onto AIM to ask me. It confused her that I wasn't logged on.

Until I got out of the studio and into the car, she was still confused about it. So maybe today was a good day for a mental health day---otherwise we might lose our heads altogether ("And then a horse will kick it to the side and Goodbye Yente!")

6 comments:

dad said...

Glad you had a good day with mom.
Working out can be fun.
Have a good day tomorrow.
luv ya

Mimmie Boyd said...

Sounds like a good day. It made me smile to picture you in your pjs in Cali Pizza Kitchen. Glad you enjoyed the Pilates.

Alicebelle said...

I suppose I would be in my pj's if I had changed into my sweats as well, but sweatpants seem to be a little more...discreet than candy skull pants.

maya said...

OH I LOVE PILATES!!!
rotfl about your pjs. Lol But we allllll love pjs anyways so its alllll gooooood. ;)

Alicebelle said...

Oh I love it too! :D I got signed up for a series of private lessons so I can join the group sessions with my mom in the summer. :)

And yes, I was very comfy eating my pizza and hardly anyone stared ;) Live and let live I suppose.

Mimmie Boyd said...

You are such the trend setter. Today in Walmart, I saw a girl in her pj bottoms!!