Friday, June 19, 2009

Why my blog is boring as of late

It's dawned on me that most of my interesting stories happen during the school year, when I can write about things such as being sent around the school a la Animal Crossing or accidentally getting hit in the jaw with a half-full Propel bottle. In the summer there isn't much for me to write about, because there is little going on. Mom seems to be covering Jamaica, so that leaves me with just about nothing.

I could talk about how we set up my bed (I traded my daybed for my dad's old double bed), but, really: do you honestly want to hear about it? I'll blog that when I have a comforter instead of makeshift sheets and all, but right now it isn't that blogworthy.

My blog is at it's best when it's like a never ending version of Idiot Girls, and whether the kind of post would fit more in Flying Tantrum of Death or Action Adventure Club doesn't particularly matter. When I'm cool with it, I like talking about strange things that happen to me throughout the day.

I'm trying to think, and the only thing that hits mind is that, in response to the loud hum of the vacuum, Harvey, who I was holding, did a nice little number on my arm---three inches across and drawing a little blood, to be precise. I tried calming him but he kept trying to claw himself away until I had to just grab his feet and toss him on the bed in the next room.

Now I look completely emo. I wear jeans during the day to cover up the scabbed bug bites from Jamaica (and my non-shaven legs because I'm afraid to shave over so many open wounds"), and now I have a line down my arm. Good time to be wearing jeans and hoodies---the newspaper today boasted something along the lines of "Humidity rises temperatures in area by at least three to seven degrees all week!"

There. If I could blog that on a daily basis, maybe I'll get somewhere. On other days, I suppose I'll lament about the blog. Either that or share random, stupid facts about something I did that day (Like put up a bed or cheer on the wrong actor in Matrix just because I knew who Hugo Weaving was and I didn't have the foggiest clue who anyway else was).

3 comments:

Mimmie Boyd said...

I am so sorry that Harvey scratched you. The good news is that he is probably NOT deaf. Clean the scratches good with soap and water and even a little alcohol, if you can stand it. Don't need cat-scratch fever.

Quinnifred said...

*nods* i look gothic... not quite emo because i would NEVER cut myself... and goth is pretty much the emo look without the cutting. i too am afraid to shave, but thats because i have 47 mosquito bites... on just my legs.. :-\ can't wear pants here.... its already 100 degrees.

Alicebelle said...

I tried shaving today XD How many ways can you say "Stupid idea"?